Emerging high valued Marine Fin fish for Aquaculture and live fish export
- Grouper or cods are commercially very important marine food fishes and are very expensive species.
- The export market for grouper is rapidly increasing specially in Hong Kong,Singapore and Japan. Live harvested fish are fetching much higher price (US$30 per kg) than the frozen (US$ 4 per kg) in the market.
- The in-shore facility of Grouper Project of RGCA is located at Kodi-yaghat village in South Andamans and the Sea Cage farm of the project is located off Rutland Islands, South Andamans.
- The project standardized the breeding and cage farming of Tiger Grouper Epinephelus euscoguttatusand also succeeded in the breeding of coral grouper Epinepheleus coioids.
- Technical guidance for the hatchery and grow-out practices of Tiger Grouper
- Supply of tiger grouper seeds
- Consultancy services for the establishment of grouper hatchery
Source : RGCA