In Aquaculture it is very important to monitor the mineral supplements the species required. The ratio and proportional of the minerals should be known properly. It is said that the mineral supplements should be given in proper ratio. Failing to do so might affect the production efficiency, species health, End production quality.
General role of Minerals :
- Essential constituents of skeletal structures such as bones and teeth.
- Maintenance of osmotic pressure, and thus regulate the exchange of water and solutes within the animal body.
- Serve as structural constituents of soft tissues.
- Essential for the transmission of nerve impulses and muscle contraction.
- Play a vital role in the acid-base equilibrium of the body, and thus regulate the pH of the blood and other body fluids.
- Essential components of many enzymes, vitamins, hormones, and respiratory pigments, or as cofactors in metabolism, catalysts and enzyme activators.
|Iron||Respiratory pigments Haemoglobin and myoglobin|
|Zinc||80 metalloenzymes, including carbonic anhydrase|
|Copper||Formation of melanin pigment and skin pigmentation|
|Iodine||Thyroid hormones, improves metabolic rate of all body processes|
|Chromium||cholesterol and amino acid metabolism.|
Uses of Minerals and supplements in Aquaculture
- Maintains level of salinity of pond, pH.
- Purifies water and improves dissolved oxygen content in the pond
- Prevents diseases, helps in physical and chemical treatment
- Improvement of the nutritional value of food
- Enzymatic contribution to digestion
- Inhibition of pathogens
- Ammonia content
- Growth promoting factors
- Improvement in immune system
- Improves the water quality.
We have the best Minerals and Supplement products available online at Aquadeals , which are aqua farmers most preferred choices. Major brands of Minerals and Supplements are below
Success of Aquaculture also depends on the use of proper minerals and supplements and understanding the the importance of this will productive results.