Ideal for farming in all aquatic habitats
The Baramundi or Asian Seabass is a suitable species for aquaculture in fresh/brackish/saline waters
Aqua- Business options of seabass
- Ideal for farming in fresh, brackish and seawaters.
- Nursery rearing of Seabass fry to fingerlings. Recommended to use formulated weaning diets (0.3mm sixe onwards) in nursery phase.
- Grow-Out culture of Seabass in cages in open seas estuaries, brackishwater ponds & fresh water ponds are the best commercial options.
- The optimum size for stocking in grow-out cages I s>10cms size. Formulated floating extruded feeds are recommended.
- Grow-out culture in open ponds is also possible. The best size for stocking in open ponds is >100gms.
MPEDA-RGCA standardized the seed production and grow-out farming technology of Asian Seabass at its hatchery facility at Thoduvai and Aquaculture Demonstration farm at Karaikkal respectively.
- Year round supply of seabass seed from its hatchery
- Consultancy service for the establishment of seabass hatcheries & nurseries
- Technical assistance for seabass grow out
- Training programmes on best husbandry practices of seabass